Skip to main content

What Maketh An I.T. Professional?

Well there are different factors that makes an I.T. "Professional" professional. We have our code of ethics, professional organizations, certification and licensure. We'll be discussing how each affect the worker's ethical behavior and morality.

Code of Ethics - The code of ethics serve as guide for an I.T. Professional as for what he/she should do that'll help benefit his status as an I.T. Professional and be well known and well wanted in the corporate world.

Professional Organizations - To be a member of such organizations, the I.T. Professional must first pass the said organization's standards. Whether it be physical, moral or intellectual. This gives the I.T. Professional a challenge to test his skills and improve his/her performance to be able to join such organizations, Thus improving his behavior.

Certification and Licensure - Certifications and Licensure is the symbol of the I.T. Professional's diligence. This proves that the said I.T. Professional is trustworthy and is able to do tasks efficiently, and that he/she is a professional who is capable of such. Certificates and licenses are also a proof of the I.T. Professional's background that he/she is a man/woman of goodwill,

Actions to strengthen the ethical practices of I.T. users

1, Educate I.T. users of the risks - By educating/reminding our professionals of the risks should they act unethical of their work, they'll be more careful and more efficient next time. At this way, they'll become more productive and more interested on their jobs in the manner of the desire to keep their jobs and status.

2. Speak to Authority - Have the workers of lower positions to speak to their authorities freely but still with respect. As such communication on both sides will be easier, as well as relationships among the I.T. professionals. This will lead on to solutions on how to improve the quality of work and maintain peace and order within the workplace.

3. Rewards - Usually some I.T. Professionals get lazy and tend to slack off during work which leads to poor service. The reason for this is that they become bored and they're looking for something that'll keep them interested. The solution is to have a reward system for best employees. Wherein employees who've shown great productivity will be rewarded for his efforts. This will inspire fellow employees as well and they'll be active workers again, 

Comments