Skip to main content

A Guide To An Ethical Life

What are some common etiquette to follow?
Say you'd like to improve yourself, be the ideal citizen and member of society. Or simply, seek to become a person that most will like, well I'll give you a few tips:

                   1. Whenever you're having arguments with someone it's best to acknowledge his/her point of view. It is a sign of respect to them and that you are reminding them as well that you are listening to their side of the story.

                   2. You must always put others before you, don't cloud yourself with selfish interests but instead try helping others out.

                   3. When under pressure or stress, smile it off and don't release your anger on someone else. I understand that we can get frustrated sometimes but if you rant out to someone just because you're angry, it might affect your relationship with them. Try finding a different way for you to vent out your anger, like listening to your favorite song or watch a movie.

                   4. Try avoiding gossip. Gossip can be a little bit tempting sometimes, getting that juicy information is food for our judgemental thoughts, but it's not really a good thing. Gossiping about others has NEVER been a good thing.

                   5. We all have our walls. When having a conversation with someone, never push the boundaries of the person you're talking to, by means of invading their privacy and dictating their life. We both know that there are topics that we're not comfortable to talk about, like our insecurities. And that's okay, respect their privacy as you want them to respect yours.
If you're to ask me, following etiquette is easy! I do it at school all the time! There's nothing wrong with by being yourself, just remember to not go to the extremes by harming another for our interests. It can be a challenge, temptation comes when you are weak. But my dear, those are the times that we have to be strong and cling on to our resolve.
I believe that by being rational and just, I can live an ethical life. As I said from above, by putting others first before me, to see the smiles on their faces, that's what makes me happy. And as I continue on my life, as long as my intent is pure, and my way is good, my life can be as ethical as it can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deeds of the Day 1. This morning I cooked our rice haha. Though it was too dry, we bought new rice, at least now we know the water measurement for it. Mom and dad were practicing driving so I was left alone. 2. We're about to give one of our dogs away sadly, can't take care of them all. Fed Joaquin one last time before giving him away. (though the guy who was supposed to take him away never came so yeah, more time with Joaquin!) 3. Stuck to my diet!!! :D